What Do I Do If I Was Left Out Of My Spouse’s Will?

Spouses have the right to start a claim if they believe they have been inadequately provided for within a will. If the deceased left everything to his or her children, for instance, surviving spouses might commence a claim to protect their interests in the estate.

At Darychuk Law, we provide legal support for surviving spouses and common-law spouses throughout New Westminster, B.C. With over 35 years focused solely on estate litigation issues, our legal services extend throughout Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam and Port Moody.

Legal Action Against Other Family Members

At Darychuk Law, we understand how sensitive estate matters can be, especially when they involve your children or grandchildren as the opposing party. Whether you want a quick resolution or to salvage a relationship with the other parties – we will identify the best legal strategies to pursue your goals, including:

  • Skilled negotiation tactics aimed at early resolution
  • Advice for mediation
  • Effective representation in court, if necessary

Guiding You Through The Legal Process

Many people only deal with an estate litigation dispute once in their lives. At Darychuk Law, that's what we do every day. We know what deadlines have to be met, and how to avoid obstacles that may delay the legal process. We use our extensive experience to effectively steer your case through the courts so you can focus on moving forward.

Protect Your Spousal Estate Rights

Read our FAQs for more information about what you can do if you have not been adequately provided for by your spouse within a will. Contact our firm by calling 604-464-2644 to arrange a free consultation or send us an email using our online form.