1. Act for the Estate until they confirm that they are the appointed Executor of the Deceased's last Will. (A lawyer can assist with this process).
2. Buy and sell estate assets without probate, even if the price is fair. In some cases, a contract can be made subject to obtaining probate.
3. Borrow from the estate, regardless of how much the security or interest rate may be.
4. Mix their money and estate money. A separate account must be kept for estate money.
5. Fail to exercise reasonable care and skill to protect estate property.
If you know or believe an Executor has made any of these mistakes, we can help.